Beier Integrated Systems as known today was originally named, Frank L Beier Radio in January 1945.
Frank L Beier was a radio/telegraph operator in the Merchant Marine and employed by RCA before and during WWII.
In those days, the radios, telegraph equipment and operators were leased to shipping companies by RCA (in the USA) or Marconi (in Europe).
Shortly following the attack of Pearl Harbor in in December 1941, RCA transferred Frank from the ships to Ingalls Shipyard in Pascagoula, Mississippi. There he lead the effort of installing equipment on the new Liberty and Victory Class freighters being built there. RCA later asked that he move to a New England Submarine Yard and head up similar installations there. After careful consideration, he declined and moved back to New Orleans where he became RCA’s first Marine Electronics Dealer in the world.
When the war ended, increased demand for many new electronic products, such as, direction finders, depth sounders, ship-to-shore radios and radars began to emerge. Frank L Beier Radio was the first independent dealer in the USA to sell, install and service these products.
Founded in 1945 as Frank L. Beier Radio became one of the first Marine Electronic Distributors in the Southeastern United States.
1971 Frank Beier retires and sons Frank, Eric and Karl purchase the company.
1973 Beier opens its first branch office in Cut Off, Louisiana and Ocean Springs, Mississippi
1974 Beier continues opening offices in Louisiana (Harvey, Morgan City, New Iberia, Intracoastal City, Lake Charles and Cameron).
1975 Beier Radio starts offering integration of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems with controls.
1975 Beier Radio opens offices in Texas (Houston, Texas City and Port Arthur).
1980 Beier Radio begins distributing Dynamic Positioning Systems. From 1975 to 1998 Beier Radio represented all of the major DP manufacturers, Kongsburg, Robertson, Simrad and Nautronix.
1993 Beier Radio acquires Wagner Marine, a recreational boat and motor dealer as well as Coastal Marine Distributors located in Harvey, Louisiana.
1995 Beier Radio forms Yamaha Motorsports of New Orleans and becomes the leading motorcycle, ATV and wave runner dealership in New Orleans.
1995 Beier Radio creates Beier and Associates which takes over all commercial electronics sales and engineering.
1999 Beier Radio developed conceptual plans for a new Dynamic Positioning System. During the next few years, Beier worked with Navis Engineering of Finland to develop the hardware and software that today is known as the IVCS2000 Integrated Vessel Control System.
2006 The company is formally separated into two companies Frank L Beier Radio, Boat Stuf, Inc and Beier and Associates, Inc. Eric takes over all recreational divisions, ie., Frank L Beier Radio, Boat Stuf and Karl takes the Commercial Marine Electronics Group B&A, Inc. Frank L Beier Radio’s name is changed to Boat Stuf.
2007 Beier Radio opened its DP Training Center in Belle Chasse, Louisiana and received international certification from London’s Nautical Institute.
2009 Beier Radio expands its international service support network with agents in Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Nigeria and Brazil.
2010 Beier and Associate’s name is changed to Beier Radio, Inc.
2012 Beier Radio acquires the Engineering and Manufacturing Company – Sentinel Controls.
2014 Beier Radio opens its new training facility and forms a new company to provide DP and ECDIS training to mariners. The new company is The Marine Training Institute.
2014 Beier Radio moves management and administrative offices to Mandeville, Louisiana.
2014 Beier Radio builds new manufacturing and service facility in Gray, Louisiana.
2015 Beier Radio renames the operations group to Beier Integrated Systems and Beier Radio become the holding company for its three operation groups.
2016 Beier Integrated Systems acquires South Coast Electric Systems of Bay St. Louis, Mississippi.